This is how to add OpenSubtitles on Kodi 17 Krypton. A complete guide for this must installed Kodi Add-on for reliable movie subtitles
Note: The tutorial is not limited for OpenSubtitles, but also other best Kodi subtitles services such as Subscene, Podnapisi, addic7ed and more
*This article has been updated to help you install NEW OpenSubtitles service which no longer requires you to login.*
OpenSubtitles.org – is one of the most reliable sources for movies subtitle around. If you are a regular user of Kodi, you must not miss adding this add-on. The subtitle comes in multi languages along with the rating for each subtitle. That, you can pick the best one for your movies.
If you just recently update your Kodi to Krypton, which comes in a new user interface, and a bit confuse about how to add OpenSubtitles on Kodi Krypton, here we are going to help you how to get subtitles on Kodi
How to Add Opensubtitles on Kodi 17 Krypton
In this tutorial we use Kodi Krypton for Windows 10, however, this won’t be a problem since the other devices, whether android, iOS, Mac OS X, Linux, has the same user interface
- Before we start make sure you turn Kodi display to Windowed mode and turning off Full Screen by pressing Kodi shortcut “\” (backslash) on your keyboard. With this, you can easily read the guide while you operate Kodi.
- To navigate, use your mouse pointer or left-right key. To select, click with the left mouse or press enter key.
- To head back to the previous tab, press “Backspace“
- Back to the HomePage, press “Esc“ (for more information about shortcut see Useful Kodi Keyboard Shortcut)
- Lets get started
- Open your Kodi then click Setting icon on the top-left window
- Next, select Player setting. Now, click Basic setting to change it to Standard setting
- Now select Language from the list. On the right tab, scroll down and select ‘Language to download subtitle for’ then choose the subtitle language you are looking. Next, move to ‘Default TV show service’, click it
- A new window will pop up, click Get more. On the left list, scroll down to find OpenSubtitles.org by OpenSubtitles. At this point, you can also install other subtitle services such as Subscene, Podnapisi or addic7ed
- Once the installation is completed, do the same for Default movie service. Again, select OpenSubtitles.org by OpenSubtitles
- Next, back to Home page and play your movie.
- On the currently playing movie, click Subtitle icon on the bottom-right window then select Download
- Once done, you will see a list of subtitles. Make sure you select one with 5 star rated subtitle.
- And done, back to your movie and you will find subtitle displayed.
If you find a problem while attempting to login to opensubtitle using Kodi, here is to fix Opensubtitles kodi error
That’s how to add Opensubtitles on Kodi 17 Krypton. You can also add other reliable subtitle add-on services such as Subscene with the same steps. Some of them need you to log in to the service, pick one suit to your needs. Happy watching