Quasar is relatively new kodi addon for movie streaming. What makes Quasar different is they use torrenting as the movies source.
Quasar has just released new update (previously Pulsar) where many aspects are added. New version Quasar provides larger movies database and also a new user interface.
New features on Quasar Kodi
- Library integration. Organize and create playlist for movies and TV shows
- Multi-torrent support
- Android compatibility
- New interface to make easier install content provider on Quasar
With Quasar you can watch and stream a video torrent file while you download. Quasar has the capability to scrape various torrent sites. That, you can get a large movie database from many popular torrent sites available.
How to Install Quasar on Kodi Krypton
Here is detailed step by step installing Quasar on Kodi Krypton (17.1/17).
- Quasar uses Kodi for torrenting, hence you need first to give it permission for accessing your Kodi.
Start Kodi, Home Page > Setting > Services Settings > Control > Then enable ‘Allow remote control from applications on other systems‘
- Next, download Quasar add-on zip file from https://quasar.surge.sh/. Pick one for your device.
- Now, you need to install the add-on zip file. From Home Page > Add-ons then click Add-ons installer icon at the top > Install from zip fileHome Page add-ons
- Now, browse to where you located the Quasar zip file then click OK. Quasar installation will be started, wait til the notification pops up.
- Next, you need to do additional setting for torrenting path on your system. Go to Home page > Add-ons > Video Add-ons then right click on Quasar add-on (tap and hold for android) then click Settings
Next, set the path for your download folder. Make sure the storage drive is not formatted in FAT32. Lastly, click OK
- The main component of Quasar has been installed on your system. However, you can’t stream any movie yet. You need to install torrent provider in order to do so. The official provider from Quasar is called Burst. After installing Quasar you will be automatically asked to install Burst, do it. Or, you can do this manually.
Go to Home Page > Add-ons then click Add-ons installer icon at the top > Install from repository > Quasar Repository > Quasar Burst > Install
- Now you are ready. To play movie from Quasar, go to Home page > Add-ons > video add-ons select Quasar
Find your movie tittle based on various filter, or you can do searching. Then select the available server on the list
- Done. Happy watching
How to Add More Quasar Provider
If you think Burst database is not enough for you, you can add more torrent provider on Quasar. With this, you will have larger movie content and you can find your movie which Burst cannot provide.
To do this you need to download add-on kodi program zip file from this page
- Now install the add-on Home Page > Add-ons then click Add-ons installer icon at the top > Install from zip file then browse for ‘repository.unofficialquasarmirror-1.0.3.zip’ where you saved the downloaded file.
- Once the add-on enabled, go to Home Page > Add-ons then click Add-ons installer icon at the top > Install from repository then select Unofficial Quasar Repo Mirror > Program Add-ons
- You will find various provider on the list, each may have specific content for example anime movies, drama and so on
- Select to install. Wait till a notification pops up
- That’s it, once the providers installed it will automatically added to Quasar. Next time you search movie from Quasar, this add on will show the result along with Burst provider.
That is how to install Quasar on Kodi Krypton. If you have any problem comment down below.