Here are several tips to fix Kodi buffering. You can do steps below to avoid lag while watching movies stream using Kodi
One thing that makes you (including me) infuriated while streaming online movies is buffering. This is common problem for every streaming activity and not limited to Youtube, but also happens when you are using Kodi.
Quick Preview about Video Buffering
What is video buffering exactly? in a simple definition, buffering is activity that involves pre-load data to memory which called ‘buffer’. Before displaying video on your screen, Kodi makes sure the data for the next video frame is completed.
You may think that this action gives you negative impact while watching video streaming, on contrary, the purpose of buffering actually to provide you better experience when watching movies. Without buffering you may see incomplete frame of video displayed on your screen, and this surely makes thing worse.
Actually, every video streaming does buffering even for smooth playing video on fast network. The problem is, when your network is not fast enough to provide data compared with the displayed video data on your screen. In a simple explanation, the input is lesser than the output. This is when your movie will automatically paused, pre-load data and buffering icon pops up .
How to Stop Kodi Buffering
The most common problem when you are seeing too much Kodi buffering is slow network. Slow network itself can be caused by 2 main factors, either you have slow internet or slow movie server.
Here I am going to give you several tips to fix Kodi buffering
To play video in HD format you need at least 10mbps internet connection. You can check your internet speed using speedtest.net.
Kodi buffering because of slow movie server
After checking and no problem with your internet connection, rest assured that the problem is on the movie server.
You can find various movie streaming servers on Kodi. Each has its own speed, some may have slow network connection. The main problem for most server become slow is too many users accessing at the same time.
- Change your movie source server. Stop your currently playing movie and back to previous page and re-select the server. If necessary, back once again to previous page, select the movie title again. The server will be updated to the available, uncrowded and fresher list.
- If possible, select reliable server such as Gvideo or Openload. Openload server is well known for its fast speed although you need to do openload pair for your device.
Kodi buffering because of your slow internet speed
Your slow internet connection could cause too much Kodi video buffering. Here is what you can do
- Lower your movie quality. Select server which provides you non HD movies.
- Use WiFi instead of mobile network. Unlike mobile network, WiFi is more reliable on many conditions especially on raining weather. If you are on PC, connect your internet through LAN cable is recommended
- When using WiFi, locate your device near the router. Also avoid thick wall, same goes for your mobile network
- Download your video to watch offline. Download your movies first for offline viewing will solve the problem.
Additional Tweak to Stop Kodi Buffering
For Kodi to get more efficient accessing data, it needs temporary storage called cache. in order to make sure Kodi has enough cache storage you can do little tweak by deleting unnecessary cache.
To do this you can use a feature from Indigo addon. You can clear cache or even maintenance your Kodi to get more powerful performance.
By doing those tips you can reduce Kodi buffering. You can play your video smoother and get full experience watching movies using Kodi without any lag.